|Various depictions of the indigenous lifeforms of the planet Tlaquanaru|
Arcane Treatise 318Pickled Dates with Litchi CremeArcane Treatise 318 by avancna
12 ounces pitted dates
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon 5-spice
1/4 cup apple cider or Calvados
1 small orange, thinly sliced
4 ounces mascarpone, or softened cream cheese
4 teaspoons powdered sugar
12 canned litchis, finely minced
4 teaspoons liquid from litchi can
1) In a small bowl, toss dates with spices until evenly coated. Pour over with cider or Calvados, and let soak for 1 hour.
2) In a 2nd bowl, beat together litchi creme ingredients until light and fluffy. Spoon mixture into a piping bag fitted with a small nozzle.
3) Pipe filling into center of each date. Once filled, chill dates until ready to serve. Garnish with orange slices.
Arcane Treatise 316Nordamerikanska BlåbärssoppaArcane Treatise 316 by avancna
7 cups fresh or thawed blueberries
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
8 cups apple juice
1 large Russet or blue potato, peeled and grated
1 pinch salt.
2 sticks cinnamon
1) Combine apple juice, 3 cups blueberries, and potato in a soup pot over high heat, stirring until a rolling boil is achieved. Add in cinnamon sticks. Let simmer, cover, at low for 2 hours.
2) Raise heat to medium, stir in sugar, 3 more cups blueberries, and salt. Continue stirring until second batch of blueberries burst.
3) Let cool to desired temperature, then ladle into 4 bowls. Garnish each bowl with remaining blueberries, and a large dollop of cream.
Arcane Treatise 315Onion Flower SauceArcane Treatise 315 by avancna
1 cup onion flowers, minced
2 cups onion stock
2 cups Port wine
1 chili pepper, seeded and minced
4 large onions, minced
2 large Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled & diced
3 eggs, beaten
1/2 stick unsalted butter
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Melt butter in a saucepan over high heat. Sauce one apple, one onion, and pepper with soy and oyster sauces until onion colors.
2) Reduce heat to medium and add in one cup stock, and one cup stock. Bring to a boil, and continue sauteing until liquid is reduced to one-half.
3) Add in one cup Port, one more onion, and remaining stock, and continue stirring until liquid is reduced to one-half.
4) Add in remaining onion, remaining apple, and remaining Port. Bring to a boil, and continue stirring until liquid is once again reduced to one-half. Now remove sauce from heat, and vigorously whisk in eggs and onion flowers. &
Arcane Treatise 314Pumpkin FudgeArcane Treatise 314 by avancna
3 cups brown sugar, packed
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons honey
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 stick cinnamon
1.5 teaspoon pumpkin spice
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 stick unsalted butter + extra
1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds, shelled
1) Butter an 8 inch by 8 inch baking pan, and reserve in freezer.
2) In a large saucepan over low heat, combine cream, sugar, honey, pumpkin, cinnamon and miso, stirring until blended. Raise heat to high, and, while stirring, bring to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium while continuing to let boil.
3) Once the batter registers 232 degrees Fahrenheit (110 degrees Celsius) on a candy thermometer, or forms a soft ball when dropped into cold water, fish out cinnamon stick, and remove pan from heat. Fold in remaining ingredients, stirring until butter melts and is incorporated. Now let cool until warm.
4) Start beating batter until thick, and no
I'm attempting to shake out all of the little thingies in my head.|
Current Residence: Southern California, Favourite style of art: Woodblock, Operating System: Windows, MP3 player of choice: Real Player, Shell of choice: Nautilus, Thatcheria mirabilis, Trigonostoma cooperii, Wallpaper of choice: Anything with fish in it, Skin of choice: Keratin-based, Favourite cartoon character: The Real Ghostbusters, The Animaniacs, Personal Quote: "Driving with her is more dangerous that being married to Liza Minelli"