|Various depictions of the indigenous lifeforms of the planet Tlaquanaru|
Arcane Treatise 305LavenderadeArcane Treatise 305 by avancna
1 cup honey
5 cups water
1/4 cup fresh lavender flowers, crushed or minced
5 large lemons
1) Boil two and a half cups of water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Remove pan from heat and stir in honey, lavender flowers, and juice and grated zest of lemons (together with juiced lemons), stirring until honey dissolves. Let pan steep until room temperature.
2) Strain out and discard solids. Pour liquid into a pitcher. Add in remaining water and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Arcane Treatise 304Stanton's Rainbow Swirl TartArcane Treatise 304 by avancna
1 sheet puff pastry for a 9-inch pie-pan
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons Ranch dressing
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
1 tablespoon fresh sage, minced
2 small zucchinis
1 small yellow squash
5 large heirloom carrots, different colors
1 small Chinese or Japanese eggplant
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1) Place puff pastry sheet in a 9-inch pie pan and prick it repeatedly with a fork. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) In a small bowl, combine mustard with Ranch, sour cream, and herbs, then spread evenly over bottom of crust.
3) Wash and scrub all the vegetables. Use a vegetable peeler to cut the vegetables into length-wise strips.
4) Roll up one strip tightly into a spiral, and place it in the center of the pie pan. Now continue wrapping another strip around the spiral. Continue wrapping with alternating strips un
Arcane Treatise 303Magic GritsArcane Treatise 303 by avancna
8 cups freshly popped popcorn
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
4 cups boiling water
4 cups stock
1) In a large soup pot, bring water and stock to a boil over high heat. Gradually fold in popcorn, and then let simmer over low heat until popcorn softens and turns mushy. Strain broth through a strainer into a second soup pot.
2) Place popcorn into a blender and gradually pulse until completely blended. Gradually strain mixture through a medium-mesh strainer placed over the second pot. Press down on kernels with a spoon, discarding any material that can not be pressed through the strainer.
3) Raise heat under the second pot to medium. Fold in butter, and stir until desired thickness is achieved.
Arcane Treatise 302Zhong Guo Ji Mian TangArcane Treatise 302 by avancna
1 three to four pound chicken, cut into 6 pieces
3 large white onions, chopped
5 garlic cloves, chopped
2 large carrots, diced
3 ribs celery, diced
1 pound mushrooms, chopped
1 large leek, chopped
6 dried shiitake mushrooms
4 tablespoons miso paste
2 tablespoons 5-spice
2 pods star anise
2 quarts rice wine
12 ounces noodles
6 stalks green onions, sliced
6 tablespoons sesame oil
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1) Soak shiitake in one cup warm water until soft. Then add water and mushrooms into a 4 quart soup pot.
2) Fill an 8 quart soup pot with 3 quarts water and 1 quart wine, then fill the 4 quart pot with 1 quart water and 1 quart wine. Place chicken, 5-spice, 1 pod star anise, 2 tablespoons miso, and 1 tablespoon soy sauce into the 8 quart pot, and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, and let simmer, uncovered, for one hour. Skim off and reserve 6 tablespoons' worth of chicken fa
Arcane Treatise 301Stanton's Rosemaried ChickenArcane Treatise 301 by avancna
1 four to five pound chicken
3 bunches of fresh rosemary
3 heads garlic, peeled and smashed
4 lemons, diced
1 stick butter, melted
2 Granny Smith apples, diced
1 cup dry sherry
1 cup chicken stock
1) Line the bottom of a roasting pan with rosemary, wine, and stock. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Rub chicken generously with salt, sugar, 5-spice and half a stick's worth of butter. Stuff chicken with one head's worth of garlic cloves, apples, and one lemon.
3) Place chicken onto the rosemary in the pan. Arrange remaining garlic and lemons in the pan, then place in oven.
4) Bake for 25 minutes, then reduce oven heat to 325 degrees and bake for an additional 90 minutes. Turn off oven, remove pan from oven, and let chicken rest in pan for 30 minutes before serving.
Arcane Treatise 300Taquesos Con Setas y TomatesArcane Treatise 300 by avancna
6 cups shredded Asadero cheese (or Mozzarella, Monterrey Jack, or similar melting cheese)
12 medium sized button mushrooms, sliced
1 beefsteak tomato, diced
9 tablespoons cooking oil
1) Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add 2 cups of cheese. Let cheese cook until the edges of the pile turn golden brown. Use a spatula to carefully fold one-third of the bottom over, then fold the other side over. Remove folded cheese to a serving plate.
2) Refresh pan with one tablespoon oil, and saute four mushrooms' worth of slices until the slices wilt and brown. Place slices on top of taqueso.
3) Repeat steps 1 and 2 until all ingredients are consumed.
4) Garnish each taqueso with tomato and sour cream.
I'm attempting to shake out all of the little thingies in my head.|
Current Residence: Southern California, Favourite style of art: Woodblock, Operating System: Windows, MP3 player of choice: Real Player, Shell of choice: Nautilus, Thatcheria mirabilis, Trigonostoma cooperii, Wallpaper of choice: Anything with fish in it, Skin of choice: Keratin-based, Favourite cartoon character: The Real Ghostbusters, The Animaniacs, Personal Quote: "Driving with her is more dangerous that being married to Liza Minelli"