|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 277Malachite Custard with Bronze Mirepoix
3 cups fresh or defrosted frozen peas
1 large potato, peeled
12 large leaves perilla
2 cups sherry
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon miso paste
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 sour cream
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
1 cup freshly squeezed carrot juice
2/3 cup diced carrots
2/3 cup diced celery
2/3 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon black vinegar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1) Grease 6 ramekins, then press one perilla leaf into the bottom of each. Reserve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine one cup water with sherry and miso in a large saucepan over high heat. Place peas into a colander or wire strainer. Once saucepot is boiling, blanche peas for one minute, remove, and drain well before rinsing under a stream of cold water. Reduce heat under saucepan to low, then cook potato, covered, until fork tender. R
Arcane Treatise 276Zuccotto
1/2 cup passionfruit juice
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 pounds pound cake, sliced
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
1/2 pound dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup crushed nuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1) Line a 2.5 pint bundt cake mold with plastic wrap. Mix the juices, and extract together in a small mixing bowl. Dip the cake slices into the bowl, then line the bundt mold with the moistened slices, using about a total of 3/4ths of the slices to cover the entire inside. Place the mold in the freezer for fifteen minutes.
2) Place nuts in a skillet warmed over high heat. Toss the nuts with brown sugar and cinnamon until the nuts become fragrant. Turn off the heat, then reserve the nuts.
3) Fold the powdered sugar and the nuts into the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. Take the
Arcane Treatise 275Cheeseless Cheesecake
1/3 cup coconut cream
8 to 10 ounces crushed gingersnap cookies
12 ounces soft or silken tofu
1.5 cups canned, unsweetened coconut milk
1.5 tablespoons agar-agar or unflavored gelatin powder
3 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
1 ripe peach, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Juice of 1 lime or small lemon
1 cup fresh coconut meat, coarsely chopped
strained pulp of 3 passionfruits
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 inch springform cake pan with one to two tablespoons of coconut cream. In a small saucepan over warm, heat remaining cream until liquid, then stir in cookie crumbs, stirring until crumbs absorb all cream. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan, then set aside.
2) Combine filling ingredients in a blender or food processor, blending until completely smooth. P
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Writing System: Latin (currently)
Script Depth: Shallow
Romanization: Yes (currently)
A priori or A Posteriori: A Priori
Language Family: Yes
Morphosyntactic Alignment: Ergative-Absolutive
Primary Language Type: Agglutinative
Secondary Language Type: Isolating
Primary Word Order: SOV
Secondary Word Order: SVO
Branch Direction: Left
Total Phonemes: 49
Allophones: before palatal consonants, /ɛ/ and /ɔ/ are pronounced /e/ and /o/.
Suprasegmentals: nasality, vowel length
Phonological Constraints: similar to Italian
Sound Changes: n/a
Syllable Structure: [(C₁)(C₂)(C₃)]V(S)[(C₄)(C₅)]
Aspects: merged with tenses
note: reflexives and reciprocals are considered a form of grammatical voice.
Luciferianism and DemonolatryLet me preface this by saying I will cite as many sources of everything I am saying that I can at the end of this, and the only reason why I am writing this NOW of all times is because for some weird reason, one very reliable source of information is down and that makes me really spiritually nervous. Also, I know a lot of people have been curious, and in all honesty... I think a lot of people give a false impression of what it even means to be either of the things I spiritually identify as? So I just thought I'd do this.
I'm typing all of this up to ease my mind, and I guess if anyone asks in the future, I have something to point them to next time.
Because the thing is, sometimes when people ask me what I believe in I get really flustered because it takes a lot of explaining. And sometimes, I'm not even sure if I'm willing to share everything that I've learned because a part of my spiritual belief is that Knowledge is scared to the individual.
Socially, it's also hard when relig
Same Sex Canadian MarriageSame sex marriage is wrong. It is unnatural and against God. Those who allow same sex marriage will burn in hell for their actions. These are the opinions of too many people in modern society. They believe that same sex marriage is disgusting and should not be advocated. This then poses questioning of Canada’s leaders who decided to legalize same sex marriage nationwide. Did Canada make the right choice? More than enough of the population agreed that it was or else the bill would not have passed. Canada did in fact make the correct decision to recognize same sex marriage.
For much of the time the sophisticated human race has existed, people were under the perception that marrying outside of race and class should be outlawed. Blacks could not marry whites and rich people could not marry the poor. People were dictated to only marry within what social parameters stated were acceptable. The first couples to marry outside of their race and class were heavily looked down on by fellow m
This I believe.I believe in Monsters and Goodness.
I know, it sounds childish and crazy, but let me explain myself.
The monsters that we've grown with, what if there's more then to what we hear about them? For
all we know, they could be friendly and they just got a short temper or maybe they were angry at
something and they took it out on us, or perhaps they are trying to tell us something and we
humans are just to idiotic to listen to their warnings. I guess what I'm trying to say is, "monsters"
can be good guys too, just anyone, they are alive after all.
Okay, I can see that you're thinking "no, monsters are monsters. They kill people for no reason"
and blah blah blah. Let me ask you this then; are we no better?
Humanity itself is constantly at war with its own species. We (humans) have the Holocaust,
World War I and II, Civil War, Boston Massacre, 9/11, Hundred Years' War, Thirty Years' War,
Iraq War, I could go all night (or day, depending on the time you're reading this).
We have shed so much bl
Raffle/Fundraiser and a SPECIAL LIMITED TIME OfferOkie i have a couple of things to discuss
one I will be holding a special raffle. A fundraiser you would say for Rise-Of-Clans Super group payment~
1. Its 5 points to enter
2. For every 5 you put in your name goes in the randomizer one more time. so if you enter 10 points you will be entered 2 times~
3. Half of the points will go to the winner and the other half will go to Rise-Of-Clans super group fund!
4. I will be using Random.org to decide the winner.
5. There will be a beginning start of 50 points~
6. You MUST advertise! Send a link in your comment to the journal!!!
Points Gathered so far- 55
Winner gets 28
Possible Project?I might be doing a project of either writing or drawing.. don't know yet.
Any ideas anyone? cause I need something to keep myself busy.
Never Enough (body Image)Perfection is Not Enough
In today’s culture, being attractive seems like a full time obsession. Body image is always emphasized in many aspects of the environment. The way people feel about themselves and what others see in their body is not permanent and it is receptive to change by the environmental influence. Evident is that one’s body still needs improvement. In fact, it is a “widespread preoccupation”(Brown University; Body Image). This focus on appearance in the American culture is encouraged and with that, comes the effects of negative body image. Influence can come from the artificial environment. What we see, read, watch, and hear tend to have a negative effect on people’s perceived body image. These environmental factors can make men and women feel self-conscious about themselves because they want to conform to what mainstream culture defines as handsome or beautiful.
America is a country that reveres p
Vs. Series: Darth Sidious vs. Darth MalgusWarning: This is all personal opinion and take. Nothing biased on any of the characters that I use here, please leave constructive critisicms, I will really appreciate them. But nevertheless, enjoy.
Darth Sidious, was born in 82 BBY on the planet Naboo as Palpatine, to the aristocrat house of said name. In 65 B.B.Y, he meets Hego Damask, whom he reveals to be the Sith Lord, Darth Plagueis. After Palpatine killed his parents, he began his sith training under the identity of Darth Sidious. For a great deal of time, Sidious and Plagueis began to orchestrate the plan to destroy the Jedi and The Republic. In the mean time, Palpatine was living a double life, as both Senator of the Galactic Republic and as well as a Sith Lord under Palgueis' tutelage. At some point, Sidious adopted the young zabrak named Maul and trained him as a Sith Assassin to complete certain tasks for him. In 32 B.B.Y, Lord Sidious, al
Arcane Treatise 041Pumpkin Mushroom Bisque
one 6 pound whole pumpkin
5 ounces dry cloud ear fungus
5 ounces dry wood ear fungus
3 cups rice wine
10 button mushrooms, sliced
3 cups chicken broth
3 roma tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cup milk
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1) Soak cloud, and wood ear fungi in wine, in a large saucepan for 1 hour. Once fungi are soft, remove them from the saucepan, slice them, then reserve them. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cut top off of pumpkin, prick surface with a knife, then scoop guts out into the saucepan. Reserve the shell and top. Pour in sesame oil and chicken broth to the saucepan, then stir over low heat until the pulp begins to disintegrates.
3) Strain the liquid out of the saucepan and into the pumpkin shell. Discard the guts. Stir in the eggs, tomato, and button mushrooms to the shell, stirring until the eggs are blended with the broth. Place top back onto the shell, a
Transformers: We Came in WarTransformers: We Came in War
Setting: Sometime during the Bay films
Characters: Optimus Prime
We came to this planet because ours was gone.
The quest for power consumed our home. The need for domination destroyed us. Still we live, and yet there is a piece in each of us that has been decimated forever. We will never recover what we have lost.
I look down upon this planet, and I wonder why we try.
It is evident by now that we have lost the capacity for peace. War follows in our wake. We came to retrieve the AllSpark, which has long since been lost, and we are still here. All that came of attempting to revive our planet was the relocation of the war from our planet of death to this planet of life. There is so much life on this planet. All of it we have sworn to protect. This is the promise we have made to them. But the promise would not need to have been made if we had never co
Keep in Touch!
Endorell-Taelos is very well known within the community for her selfless giving and gracious community spirit. Since joining DeviantART over seven years ago, Alicia has continued to make a positive impact on many deviants. Her helpful and thoughtful approach was one of her finest attributes when serving as a Community Volunteer, and this has continued throughout the many contests which Alicia provides on a regular basis. As we approach our Birthday celebrations, we can't... Read More