|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Arcane Treatise 270Chorogi and Cherry Tomato Salad
1 pound fresh chorogi, Stachys affinis
3 stalks green onions
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 head Romaine lettuce, rinsed
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons mirin
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra
1) Fit a colander into a large soup pot of boiling water. Rinse chorogi under cold water. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt, and rub thoroughly. Rinse again, then sprinkle again thoroughly with kosher salt again. Drop the chorogi into the pot, and let simmer for a minute. Then lift the colander out of the pot, and place under running cold water. Shake excess moisture from the chorogi, and then pat dry with a paper towel.
2) Cut apart the white section from the green section of the scallions. Mince t
Arcane Treatise 269Stanton's Eggnog
3 cups whipped cream
3 eggs, beaten
1 dash salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup rum
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 liter gingerale
French vanilla ice cream
1) In a soup pot over warm heat, heat whipped cream until it melts. Fold in salt, then gradually stir in eggs, and sugar. Stir until eggs combine with cream completely.
2)) Stir in milk and rum over low heat, stirring constantly while bringing it to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or a handmixer at medium speed until smooth. Remove from heat, and fold in vanilla extract. Chill in a refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour chilled eggnog base into a punchbowl. Fold in gingerale, and season to taste with spices. Add a scoop of ice cream to each cup before it is filled.
Arcane Treatise 268Summer Sleepy Time Soup
1 cup adzuki beans, rinsed
8 ounces dried longan (longyanrou), chopped
1 cup lotus seeds, rinsed
1 cup bai he (Chinese lily bulb)
12 large da zao, or Chinese dates
4 cups rice wine
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Soak adzuki beans and lotus seeds in wine overnight.
2) Place beans, lotus seeds and wine in a soup pot over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, and let soup cook, covered, until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
I'm AliveIn 2011 14,000 people had their names incorrectly entered into the government database as dead. This can cause many issues, like not receiving disability checks, having loan payments and rent check bounds bounce, and evening getting your accounts closed. There were obviously mistakes for these people.
The apostle Paul was not mistaken when he said that the Ephesian Believers were at one point dead-spiritually dead. They were dead in the sense that they were separated from God, enslaved to sin, and condemned under the wrath of God. What a state of hopelessness!
Yet God in His goodness took action to reverse this condition for them and for us. The living God “who gives life to the dead” (Romans 4:17) poured out his Rich mercy and great love by sending His Son Jesus to this earth. Through Christ’s death and resurrection, we are made alive.
When we believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we go from death to life. Now we live to rejoice in His goodness
The Origins of Dragon MythologyThe Origins of Dragon Mythology
Dragons are fantastical beasts that appear in almost all cultures around the world. Dragons are symbols of man’s hatred and greed as we known as the dangerous reptiles that hoard gold. As for western dragons which I will be speaking of exclusively in this essay they are typically large, lizard-like in appearance, have leathery bat-like wings, and breathe fire. Since Dragon can literally apply to any mythological animal that is slightly reptilian, we will talk about your traditional western wyrm. But how did the dragon of western culture come to be this way, what were their origins and inspirations? In this essay I will discuss the evolution of Dragon mythology in western culture. I do not claim to have any credentials on this topic, I am not a historian or any type authority on this topic I’m just espousing what I believe to be a theory on what I believe to be how dragons arouse in European culture an
Senior Research Paper: Violence in Video GamesMatt Hines
28 January 2014
Violence in Video Games
What comes to mind when you hear the phrase “video games”? A fat plumber? A blue hedgehog? What about violence? Back in the day, it was rare that you could play a game with any sort of blood, and the violence was cartoonish at best. Nowadays, you can’t even play Call of Duty without hearing someone bickering about the blood and gore. The media believes that video games are a bad influence on today’s society because of that violence, along with things like drugs. Many gamers believe otherwise.
Video games in general are relatively young. According to “First Video Game,” ignoring the related-but-unnecessary debate on what the first game really was, the first well-known computer game was 1961’s Spacewar!, with the first home console debuting only five years later. Fast-forward to 1976, and you have the (in)famous Death Race, a game based on the cult movie
Pink Floyd Analytical Essay“The Lunatic is in my Head”
Dark Side of the Moon is an album by British rock band, Pink Floyd. It was recorded in April 1973, and quickly climbed the top of the record charts. There it stayed for 741weeks and grossed near 45 million worldwide. The overall theme for the album reflects the inner struggle of the average youth of the time, which still holds true today. Roger Waters, the band’s bass player, based the album off the former guitar player, Syd Barrett. Syd Barrett had numerous mental instabilities, this inspired Waters to create an album that reflected that. Dark Side of the Moon is one of the most influential albums in history, but not many people understand what it is really about. The album’s concept is the issues of a mental patient, and what is going on in his head at the hospital where he is being withheld from society. The concept is strongly held in the lyrics, tempos, and the mood of each song.
The first song on the album is “Speak to me&
Book Report: A Night to RememberWalter Lord published his account of the Titanic disaster in 1955. It was the first retelling of the famous shipwreck to appear in decades and is now considered by most to be the best book ever written about the doomed “unsinkable” ship. It tells the story of a cold night in April, 1912, when the luxury liner RMS Titanic, on her maiden voyage from Southampton to New York, struck an iceberg in the frigid North Atlantic and sank, taking the lives of 1500 of its 2200 passengers and crew. Some of those lost were among the most well-known names of the day, and others were impoverished immigrants hoping for a new life in America. Rich and poor, famous and unknown, all were thrown together in one massive drama of death that both defined the societal expectations of the Edwardian era and sounded its death knell.
What sets "A Night to Remember" apart from other books about the Titanic is that the book focuses solely on the people on board. It is a fitting choice, as the story of the
El comienzoNarradora: Tifanny Winter
Aclaraciones los personajes son totalmente míos y además la historia
Recuerdo el primer día en que te conocí, el primer instante en que nuestras miradas se cruzaron sin darle importancia, ya que aquel accidente, bueno aquel choque que sucedió en la mañana ninguno presto la atención suficiente para darnos cuenta de que la persona que estaba al frente tirada, era la persona que más querríamos y amaremos en un futuro, para que entiendan a cabalidad esta historia comenzare desde aquella preciosa mañana.
Me desperté tarde para mi buena suerte, claramente me levante de un salto de la cama para prepararme para la universidad, desayune lo más rápido casi atragantándome pero sin darle importancia, me cambie con lo primero que encontré en mis cajones del armario, m
El Arte de Usar y TirarOdio la palabra piscolabis. No es porque suene especial, diferente, única... o quizás sí, por lo que desentraña y pasaré a explicar más tarde. Lo que más rabia me da es por el pequeño trauma que me recuerda, surgido de un derivado que poco tiene que ver con la propia palabra aunque se le aplique igualmente.
Mi trauma surgió a partir de un pseudo-gafapaster que catalogaba libros en plan “aperitivo” o “plato fuerte”. Si me hubiese mirado en ese momento, se habría preguntado por mi cara de teleñeco, pero se limitó a seguir con su verborrea y “especiedeprepotenciaquenollegaperodalaimpresión” con respecto a sus gustos personales. No recuerdo de qué me habló, pues divagaba entre un infinito inventado y una realidad aparente, a causa de la impresión que ya no se me ha borrado sobre catalogar la cultura como si fuera algo de consumir... y poco m
Mexican Drug War in Mexico and its HistoryMexican Drug War in Mexico and its History
Ever since the month of December of 2006, Mexico and the surrounding Continent of South America have been fighting a long drug war for years now. The war between the Drug Cartels and Mexican government has affected the country for a very long time. The number of deaths on both sides has been very high in the past years. Along with the drug trafficking, there is also the problem with the shootouts and people trafficking. However, with the help of the US government and other countries nearby, the amount of Drug Cartels has gone down in large numbers. But the Mexican Drug War hasn’t stopped just yet.
In the Illegal Drug Trade-which in the US is handled by the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration)-, there isn’t just straight-across drugs being trafficked. And not pharmaceuticals, either. Most of the drugs being traded across Mexico and the surrounding countries are more along the lines of Heroin, M
Arcane Treatise 041Pumpkin Mushroom Bisque
one 6 pound whole pumpkin
5 ounces dry cloud ear fungus
5 ounces dry wood ear fungus
3 cups rice wine
10 button mushrooms, sliced
3 cups chicken broth
3 roma tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cup milk
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1) Soak cloud, and wood ear fungi in wine, in a large saucepan for 1 hour. Once fungi are soft, remove them from the saucepan, slice them, then reserve them. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cut top off of pumpkin, prick surface with a knife, then scoop guts out into the saucepan. Reserve the shell and top. Pour in sesame oil and chicken broth to the saucepan, then stir over low heat until the pulp begins to disintegrates.
3) Strain the liquid out of the saucepan and into the pumpkin shell. Discard the guts. Stir in the eggs, tomato, and button mushrooms to the shell, stirring until the eggs are blended with the broth. Place top back onto the shell, a
Keep in Touch!
Bluefley has a gallery filled with artwork that whisks you off in to a Sci-fi daydream, and keeps you captivated for hours. Marc has been a member of our community for over a decade and has achieved nothing but success with his astounding commitment to interacting with the community, sharing a prolific amount of video tutorials and generally being an all round rockstar deviant. It is no joke that we are absolutely delighted to award the Deviousness Award for April 2014 to ... Read More