|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 277Malachite Custard with Bronze Mirepoix
3 cups fresh or defrosted frozen peas
1 large potato, peeled
12 large leaves perilla
2 cups sherry
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon miso paste
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 sour cream
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
1 cup freshly squeezed carrot juice
2/3 cup diced carrots
2/3 cup diced celery
2/3 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon black vinegar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1) Grease 6 ramekins, then press one perilla leaf into the bottom of each. Reserve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine one cup water with sherry and miso in a large saucepan over high heat. Place peas into a colander or wire strainer. Once saucepot is boiling, blanche peas for one minute, remove, and drain well before rinsing under a stream of cold water. Reduce heat under saucepan to low, then cook potato, covered, until fork tender. R
Arcane Treatise 276Zuccotto
1/2 cup passionfruit juice
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 pounds pound cake, sliced
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
1/2 pound dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup crushed nuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1) Line a 2.5 pint bundt cake mold with plastic wrap. Mix the juices, and extract together in a small mixing bowl. Dip the cake slices into the bowl, then line the bundt mold with the moistened slices, using about a total of 3/4ths of the slices to cover the entire inside. Place the mold in the freezer for fifteen minutes.
2) Place nuts in a skillet warmed over high heat. Toss the nuts with brown sugar and cinnamon until the nuts become fragrant. Turn off the heat, then reserve the nuts.
3) Fold the powdered sugar and the nuts into the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. Take the
Arcane Treatise 275Cheeseless Cheesecake
1/3 cup coconut cream
8 to 10 ounces crushed gingersnap cookies
12 ounces soft or silken tofu
1.5 cups canned, unsweetened coconut milk
1.5 tablespoons agar-agar or unflavored gelatin powder
3 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
1 ripe peach, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Juice of 1 lime or small lemon
1 cup fresh coconut meat, coarsely chopped
strained pulp of 3 passionfruits
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 inch springform cake pan with one to two tablespoons of coconut cream. In a small saucepan over warm, heat remaining cream until liquid, then stir in cookie crumbs, stirring until crumbs absorb all cream. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan, then set aside.
2) Combine filling ingredients in a blender or food processor, blending until completely smooth. P
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
The Decay of NickelodeonThe Decay of Nickelodeon
A problem has come to my attention with the quality of cartoons aimed at kids in the past few years. They have been dumbed down with such things as terrible audio, “Acceptable” animation, and most notably, terrible writing. Recently, there have been a revival in the quality of these kids shows with creators working hard to provide this demand efficiently. This can be seen in such shows as Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and even the revived My Little Pony franchise. These shows I listed can be seen on three of the four networks catered towards cartoons, Cartoon Network, DisneyXD, and the Hub. Unfortunately, Nickelodeon, the other of these four networks, has designated their cartoons towards a more limited audience, and it is quickly destroying the quality of their cartoons aired on their channel.
The problems date back to 2005, when many of the cartoon networks new shows began to dip in quality. Nickelodeon just aired “Avatar: the Last Airbend
Depression This is about my depression. If you read this much, please read it all, it's a little insulting if you don't bother. (what are watchers for if not to look at their dev watches deviations?)
Thanks in advance.
I hate the people who just tell me I'm upset, or it'll all be ok, or I know how you feel- unless they are in the same bullet ridden, sinking boat in a sea full of hungry demons I am. The ones who tell me crying and self harming and starving is attention seeking, when in reality I'd rather hide away from everyone. Except I yearn for someone to be with.
Sorrow and an ache in my chest fills my day. My limbs throb in pain, every step becomes a chore. I cannot run, breath escapes my lungs far faster than I can drag it in. It feels like knives are stabbing relentlessly through my insides. This is not fake... This is real, and constant, but I've learned to live with this pain. Sometimes, it gets too much and I lie there on the floor whimpering, or I pass out fr
CopingWill worlds stand still at your fingertips? My own, has refused to stop for my own pleasure. It’s pace quickening like the beat of a small rodent’s heart, it’s blood, too, running hot in its veins. There is no stopping a world, once it gets started. The world turns without delay, the tides will never bow to your command, and neither will other elements of nature.
It’s something that must be addressed, due to its devastating effects. I feel as if I must address it, that we all must address it. I, for one, try to ignore it the best I can.
But the bus tends to lazily circle its ruins; the ashes of our town still today lay at our feet. Town, and town past, being that this is not the same one that I came to years ago. This one has been built over the ruin of the other, and I hope that it will stand long after I’m gone.
But the world doesn’t stop at our command, does it?
When the first gale struck, I was long gone— locked in the dark, wi
How to make gourmet (In just 20 simple steps!)1. First; you get a pie. Any old pie can do, but preferably one with cheese in it. (Note: Make sure that it isn’t actually classed as ‘old’)
2. Wrap it in bacon. Make sure that if there are air-pockets, fill them up with batter and mushrooms and honey-chicken. Stuff like that.
3. Deep-fry it. You don’t microwave it, grill it, or bake it in the oven, you HAVE to deep-fry it. If it’s calories you’re wanting, then this is most definitely the way to go! Add batter for good measure.
4. Now you drizzle cheese all over it. This has to be done just after you’ve taken it out of ze deep fryer, preferably while it’s still hot. If you experiment with lots of different cheeses, you can make pretty pictures and a combination of tastes!
5. Now add battered bread-crumbs. The melted cheese should help stick it all together
6. Fry up some mince-meat, and put that on too. Note; this doesn’t have to actually be mince-meat mince meat, it can just be any
Conlang Challenge September 2014 in IserenDíi táannáxh katsgán.
I went via bear.
Díi duus chíin taláa hllngang.
My cat can eat fish.
Ian xín díigwii kya’áang.
My name is Ian.
Díina dáa xwútl’ang.
I love you.
Untitled LA UNIVERSIDAD
cap.1 quien es ella
Esta es la historia un poco extraña sobre un chico y su amiga y también sus otros tantos amigos que están hay en los momentos más inoportunos ya lo veréis.
???- venga despierta ya es hora es tu primer día.
Tay- hagg mamá, cinco minutos mas porfa.
Mamá- venga Tay no querras llegar tadrde el primer dia ¿no?
Tay- (saltando de la cama) ¡es verdad es mi primer dia!
Mama- por fin te despiertas llevo intentandolo un buen rato,bueno da igual venga vistete y ven a desayunar.
Tay- ya voy,(pensativo) y ahora que me pongo para el primer día...,bueno da igual mientras el valla.
-al cabo de un rato.
Mamá-que te valla bien,adiós.
Tay- (en su mente) como sera la universidad tiene pinta de ser lo mejor pero no lo sabre esta que llegue halli
-se escucha un timbre a lo lejos.
Tay- mierda llegare tarde tengo que darme prisa .
-Tay corrió co
The Fascinating Beliefs of the Ancient EgyptiansAncient Egypt; one of the first of mankind’s greatest civilizations in history. From the Great Pyramids to the unique leadership style of the Pharaohs, the Egyptians have developed an interesting and remarkable set of beliefs. Few people haven’t heard of Egypt or it’s rich culture as the subject itself has inspired many popular movies and cartoon series. Aside from the Hollywood portrayals of terrifying mummies rising from the graves, or the Avatars of Bastet choosing a heroine to save the city, what exactly were the actual beliefs of the Egyptian people? Why did the Egyptians hold these sort of beliefs?
Like many other ancient cultures, the Ancient Egyptians were Polytheistic. This meant that they believed in many gods. The term poly implies “many” while “theistic” implies the belief in a God or deity. Unlike more well-known Greek, Roman or even Norse gods, the Egyptian gods and goddesses sported the heads of animals. Perhaps the Egyptians inv
Gay Marriage Ought To Be FreeGay “Marriage Ought to be Free”
The people of America have been recently debating the issue of whether gay marriage should be legalized or not. Congress, the Federal Government and individual states have been having a hard time deciding upon this debate. The Constitution grants all people equal rights, and a marriage license, by law, is simply just a legal binding of two people and their property in the eyes of the government and state. This proves that there is no legal reason for gay marriage to be denied in the United States. There is a saying “marriages ought to be free,” and that pertains to gay marriage because there is enough evidence in the written laws that allow all people to marry any other person they please. Many people against gay marriage argue that it is against religious values, but the government today has been based off of separation between church and state, meaning that any religious reasons for stopping the marriages should not be acted upo
Arcane Treatise 041Pumpkin Mushroom Bisque
one 6 pound whole pumpkin
5 ounces dry cloud ear fungus
5 ounces dry wood ear fungus
3 cups rice wine
10 button mushrooms, sliced
3 cups chicken broth
3 roma tomatoes, diced
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cup milk
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
3 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon caraway seeds
1) Soak cloud, and wood ear fungi in wine, in a large saucepan for 1 hour. Once fungi are soft, remove them from the saucepan, slice them, then reserve them. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Cut top off of pumpkin, prick surface with a knife, then scoop guts out into the saucepan. Reserve the shell and top. Pour in sesame oil and chicken broth to the saucepan, then stir over low heat until the pulp begins to disintegrates.
3) Strain the liquid out of the saucepan and into the pumpkin shell. Discard the guts. Stir in the eggs, tomato, and button mushrooms to the shell, stirring until the eggs are blended with the broth. Place top back onto the shell, a
Of Snake Charmers and TreesThere are mathematicians
that calculate the gravitational
pull that tethers us to one another,
teasing sense out of the fabric
of Time and Space like
wizened snake charmers.
I thought them so horribly
unromantic, searching for
logic amidst wildflowers-
reasoning being reason enough
to put one foot in front
of the other each day.
True beauty lay printed
on petals and pages,
where I delved for pearls;
the patterns in the pathos
intriguing me into each
rising of the sun.
I do not remember when
it occurred to me that
without fractals there would
be no trees, nor without love
would people have any reason
to calculate the distances that
separate them from their muses.
Keep in Touch!
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More