|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 277Malachite Custard with Bronze Mirepoix
3 cups fresh or defrosted frozen peas
1 large potato, peeled
12 large leaves perilla
2 cups sherry
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon miso paste
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 sour cream
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
1 cup freshly squeezed carrot juice
2/3 cup diced carrots
2/3 cup diced celery
2/3 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon black vinegar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1) Grease 6 ramekins, then press one perilla leaf into the bottom of each. Reserve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine one cup water with sherry and miso in a large saucepan over high heat. Place peas into a colander or wire strainer. Once saucepot is boiling, blanche peas for one minute, remove, and drain well before rinsing under a stream of cold water. Reduce heat under saucepan to low, then cook potato, covered, until fork tender. R
Arcane Treatise 276Zuccotto
1/2 cup passionfruit juice
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 pounds pound cake, sliced
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
1/2 pound dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup crushed nuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1) Line a 2.5 pint bundt cake mold with plastic wrap. Mix the juices, and extract together in a small mixing bowl. Dip the cake slices into the bowl, then line the bundt mold with the moistened slices, using about a total of 3/4ths of the slices to cover the entire inside. Place the mold in the freezer for fifteen minutes.
2) Place nuts in a skillet warmed over high heat. Toss the nuts with brown sugar and cinnamon until the nuts become fragrant. Turn off the heat, then reserve the nuts.
3) Fold the powdered sugar and the nuts into the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. Take the
Arcane Treatise 275Cheeseless Cheesecake
1/3 cup coconut cream
8 to 10 ounces crushed gingersnap cookies
12 ounces soft or silken tofu
1.5 cups canned, unsweetened coconut milk
1.5 tablespoons agar-agar or unflavored gelatin powder
3 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
1 ripe peach, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Juice of 1 lime or small lemon
1 cup fresh coconut meat, coarsely chopped
strained pulp of 3 passionfruits
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 inch springform cake pan with one to two tablespoons of coconut cream. In a small saucepan over warm, heat remaining cream until liquid, then stir in cookie crumbs, stirring until crumbs absorb all cream. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan, then set aside.
2) Combine filling ingredients in a blender or food processor, blending until completely smooth. P
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Rireinutire OutlineName: Rireinutire
Native Name: Rireinutire
Native Short Name: Rireinutire
A Priori or Posteriori?: A priori.
Isolate or in a Family?: Yes. The only living language of the Remuhipe family.
How Many Numbers?: 2.
Which Numbers?: Singular and plural. Although they are only marked in personal pronouns.
Native Script: Syllabary.
Romanised?: Yes, for galactic use. Native speakers use the syllabary.
Script "Depth": Shallow. The syllabary is not only very phonemic, it is featural.
Predominant Affix Type: Suffix.
Variable or Absolute Suffixes?: Absolute. Affixes are basically invariant.
Morphosyntactic Alignment: Nominative-accusative.
Primary Word Order: Subject-object-verb.
Alternate Word Order: Variable; words can be moved to end of sentence for emphasis.
Head Position: Head final.
Language Type: Agglutinating.
Secondary Type: Fusional.
GT4 (Explorer Genotype)The explorer genotype started during the ice age
some 15,000 years ago. Many explorers left Africa
in search of better places to live.
Although many explorers are Caucasians, some others
are Africans too. No explorers are Asians at all. Of
the physical features described, the face can either
be Borreby, Tronder, or even Brunn.
In the features of an explorer, the torso is longer
than the legs and the upper leg is longer than the
lower leg. Although O and A are the common blood types
for the explorer genotype, B and AB can be explorers
essay for testing outStrengthening Community
Many factors cause stress in our communities, and many changes challenge them to adapt. These range from violence in schools to new forms of communication, such as social media. Is it possible for an individual to take action that would strengthen his or her community?
Choose either the positive or negative response. ("Yes, it is possible" or "No, it is not possible.") Write a well-organized persuasive essay in which you support your position and explain why it is the case.
In 2004, a 1980s animated series, Casshern, got a remake in the live action movie under the same title. The story takes place in a post apocalyptic world where two variations of the human race are warring with one another. A scientist using the DNA coding from the other race finds the ultimate cure-all for any negative condition of his people; his purpose is to fix his wife's blindness. The scientist's son joins the war against the other humans, despite the father saying that family is peace
Il Trionfo della Vita 1Veloce come spirito sollecito al suo compito
di gloria e bene, il Sole all'improvviso
sorse gioioso nel suo splendore, e la maschera
delle tenebre cadde dalla Terra ridesta -
i limpidi altari delle nevi sui monti
s'accesero sulle nubi scarlatte, e alla nascita
della luce, s'innalzò la preghiera del mare
a cui gli uccelli intonarono il canto mattutino.
Tutti i fiori dei campi e dei boschi che schiudono
le palpebre tremanti al bacio del giorno,
dondolando i turiboli nell'aria,
accesi del nuovo raggio con l'incenso d'oriente,
arsero lenti senza consumarsi, profondendo
i loro sospiri odorosi nell'aria radiosa;
e, in successione dovuta, il continente,
l'isola, il mare e ogni cosa che in loro assume
la forma e la tempra dell'impronta mortale,
si destano al sorgere del Padre Sole, per portare
la loro parte di fatica ch'egli da tempo immemore
aveva fatta sua e poi impose su di loro:
ma non su di me che pensieri segreti
avevano tenuto sveglio come le stelle che ingemmano
il cono della nott
Fate/rant: The new ufotable anime routes announcedWords cannot describe how much fangasming I'm doing right now...
Unlimited FUCKING Blade Works
UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS
It was UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!!!!!
The least likely scenario happened!!!!
One year thinking they would give UBW the short end of the stick... One entire fucking year...
But no!!!! UBW gets the big reward!!!!!!
HELL FUCKING YES!!!!!
Though sucks for Seibah-fans that Fate isn't getting shit with this new anime... My condolences. Now let me fangasm again.
HF is getting a movie, so while it will be butchered, at least it will have prettier animation to go with it. Though ufotable already did 8 KnK movies, so by now they're probably experienced enough so as to not fuck this up like DEEN did with UBW. Nevertheless, HF is the longest route so there will inevitably be something missing. Let's just hope that they'll go for blockbuster-length, like 2:30 hours... That would be nice (though knowing anime in general this would be unlikely...)
18 Adonais LII - LIII - LIV - LVLII
L'Uno rimane, i molti mutano e passano;
la luce del Cielo risplende eternamente,
ma l'ombre della Terra sempre fuggono; la Vita
macchia il bianco splendore dell'Eternità come una cupola
di vetro dai molti colori, finché non vi passa la Morte
e la frantuma. - Muori se non vuoi unirti
a ciò che stai cercando! Segui anche tu le cose che sono
già fuggite! Il cielo azzurro di Roma, i fiori, le rovine,
le parole e le statue e la musica, sono
fragili troppo per dire con parole esatte
la gloria che trasfondono. Perchè, dunque, indugiare?
The One remains, the many change and pass;
Heaven's light forever shines, Earth's shadows fly;
Life, like a dome of many-coloured glass,
stains the white radiance of Eternity,
until Death tramples it to fragments. - Die,
if thou wouldst be with that which thou dost seek!
Follow where all is fled! - Rome's azure sky,
flowers, ruins, statues, music, words, are weak
the glory they transfuse with fitting truth to speak.
17 Adonais XLIX - L - LIXLIX
Su, vai a Roma, - che è insieme il Paradiso, la tomba,
e la città e il deserto; e passa dove le rovine s'ergono
come montagne frantumate, e le gramigne
fiorenti e le piccole selve profumate
vestono l'ossa nude della Desolazione,
finché lo spirito del luogo guiderà i tuoi passi
a un declivio il cui accesso è verdeggiante,
dove come il sorriso di un bambino
fra l'erba sopra i morti si distende
una luce di fiori sorridenti; e mura grigie vi si sfanno attorno
Go thou to Rome, - at once the Paradise,
the grave, the city, and te wilderness;
and where its wrecks like shattered mountains rise,
and flowering weeds, and fragrant copses dress
the bones of Desolation's nakedness
pass, till the spirit of the spot shall lead
thy footsteps to a slope of green access
where, like an infant's smile, over the dead
a light of laughing flowers along the grass is spread;
and grey walls moulder round
Le smangia il Tempo Ottuso simile a un fuoco lento
sopra un vecchio ramo;
Arcane Treatise 157Oranjuzushi
4 round rice paper sheets
2 green onion leaves, cut in half lengthwise
2 cups short-grained, rinsed and drained four times
2 cups dashi
3/4 cup grated fresh pumpkin/kabochin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 medium carrot, cut into slices
1 pink shallot, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
1) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring dashi to a boil, then stir in rice and grated pumpkin. Let simmer, covered, at low until rice has absorbed all liquid (about 12 to 15 minutes). Remove from heat, and let cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
2) Soak each sheet of rice paper in a piepan of warm water for 10 seconds. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels. Divide the orange rice into four equal portions. Shape into flattened balls, an
Keep in Touch!