|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Arcane Treatise 270Chorogi and Cherry Tomato Salad
1 pound fresh chorogi, Stachys affinis
3 stalks green onions
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 head Romaine lettuce, rinsed
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons mirin
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra
1) Fit a colander into a large soup pot of boiling water. Rinse chorogi under cold water. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt, and rub thoroughly. Rinse again, then sprinkle again thoroughly with kosher salt again. Drop the chorogi into the pot, and let simmer for a minute. Then lift the colander out of the pot, and place under running cold water. Shake excess moisture from the chorogi, and then pat dry with a paper towel.
2) Cut apart the white section from the green section of the scallions. Mince t
Arcane Treatise 269Stanton's Eggnog
3 cups whipped cream
3 eggs, beaten
1 dash salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup rum
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 liter gingerale
French vanilla ice cream
1) In a soup pot over warm heat, heat whipped cream until it melts. Fold in salt, then gradually stir in eggs, and sugar. Stir until eggs combine with cream completely.
2)) Stir in milk and rum over low heat, stirring constantly while bringing it to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or a handmixer at medium speed until smooth. Remove from heat, and fold in vanilla extract. Chill in a refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour chilled eggnog base into a punchbowl. Fold in gingerale, and season to taste with spices. Add a scoop of ice cream to each cup before it is filled.
Arcane Treatise 268Summer Sleepy Time Soup
1 cup adzuki beans, rinsed
8 ounces dried longan (longyanrou), chopped
1 cup lotus seeds, rinsed
1 cup bai he (Chinese lily bulb)
12 large da zao, or Chinese dates
4 cups rice wine
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Soak adzuki beans and lotus seeds in wine overnight.
2) Place beans, lotus seeds and wine in a soup pot over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, and let soup cook, covered, until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
Constructed Language OutlineBasics
A priori or A Posteriori:
Primary Language Type:
Secondary Language Type:
Primary Word Order:
Secondary Word Order:
Degrees of Comparison:
CancerCancer, the fourth sign of the zodiac, is all about home. Those born under this sign are 'roots' kinds of people, and take great pleasure in the comforts of home and family. Cancers are maternal, domestic and love to nurture others. More than likely, their family will be large, too -- the more, the merrier! Cancers will certainly be merry if their home life is serene and harmonious. Traditions are upheld with great zest in a Cancer's household, since these folks prize family history and love communal activities. They also tend to be patriotic, waving the flag whenever possible. A Cancer's good memory is the basis for stories told around the dinner table, and don't be surprised if these folks get emotional about things. Those born under this sign wear their heart on their sleeve, which is just fine by them.
The mascot of Cancer is the Crab, and much like this shelled little critter, Cancers are quick to retreat into their shells if it suits their mood. No wonder these folks are called c
"To a Skylark"
Scritta a Livorno nell'estate del 1820, dopo aver ascoltato il canto delle allodole durante una passeggiata serale con Mary. L'idea che il canto delle allodole rappresenti una forza spirituale la cui influenza si può espandere su tutta la terra ricorda in qualche modo il "Fedro" di Platone.
Salute a te, O Spirito di Gioia!
Tu che non fosti mai uccello, e dall'alto
del Cielo, o vicino, rovesci
la piena del tuo cuore in generose
melodie di un'arte non premeditata.
Hail to Thee, blithe Spirit!
Bird thou never wert,
that from Heaven, or near it,
pourest thy full heart
in profuse strains of unpremeditated art.
Sempre più in alto, più in alto, ti vedo
guizzare dalla terra, una nube di fuoco,
e percorri con l'ali l'infinito azzurro,
ti levi nell'aria cantando,
e librandoti alta ancora canti.
Higher, still and higher
from the earth thou springest
like a cloud of fire;
the blue deep thou wingest,
and singing still dost soar, and soaring ever s
the 5 elementsThe 5 Elements of the Wiccan Religion
By Brian Edner
The Wiccan religion is a modern pagan religion that was developed in the first half of the 20th century. There are many parts to it, and one of them is the principle of 5 elements. These elements are Water, Earth, Fire, Air, and Spirit. The pentagram is a 5 pointed star that is inside a circle, this represents the 5 elements. According to the religion, each element has a direction, color, season, time of day, symbols, and aspects associated to it. This next part I am saying only to prevent others from criticizing me later, THIS IS NOT DEVIL WORSHIP, there may be some similarity with the symbols, there are not the same.
The first Element is Earth, the element of plants, rocks, and soil. Earth has ties to the north, the colors green and brown, wintertime, and midnight. Earth is a very stable element, and it grounds energies, be it lightning or magic. This is also the element of birth, death, and fertility. Do not plants grow from the e
the DelayedTime in the universe is delayed by light.There is undoubtedly a hiatus between what actually happens in the universe and what we see happening.Science has always mastered predictions far in the universe.Proper science jumps in time,looking backward and forward in time.Time is cellular for the time being.Independent and interdependent.When it comes to relate time either positive and abstract with self entities you get a glimpse of a time network that grows relentlessly in your grasp.Time has matter when is confronted by it and emerges in temporal tissues as the organs that keep our bodies in life.Think of our neural circuits that speed up our perception on basis of electricity.Light up your brain for the storm to come.Do it in time or elsewhere you'll be delayed.There is only one possibility of having the exact time in the universe and it isn't given by a precise clock rather by presence.Your presence in the universe is time itself.You see now elsewhere around you only your image.If you
In no particular order here are 6 reasons why you. It will increase your value
If you’ve studied game or made an effort towards self-improvement you know that in order to be a more desirable or respected man you must add value to yourself. This can mean exhibiting the skills you know. By doing things that most men can’t do you offer more value versus a man that can’t perform the skills you can. In other words you are worth more than another being if you are more productive than someone else. This can apply to any skill but cooking can be another one on the list.
2. You will know more than the average western woman
It is no secret that most western women, specifically American women, have no feminine instinct. A traditional women cooks, cleans and take care of the house, women like this are almost extinct in the states (just imagine my generation in a couple years). By casually hinting about your cooking skills you will already rein superiority over her, if she is unable to cook.
Caraco ''Breviario del Caos'' 72Se gli uomini non sperassero in nulla, la loro sorte non sarebbe più la stessa, se gli uomini non credessero in nulla, la loro condizione forse muterebbe: così invece, la speranza e la fede non solo accrescono i loro mali, ma fanno anche la fortuna dei loro padroni, e gli spirituali, malgrado la loro santità, non possono essere altro che i loro cani da guardia. Nel Giorno del Giudizio, né la speranza né la fede saranno perdonate, visti i morti che avranno fatto nascere e gli agonizzanti che esse inducono a moltiplicare il loro seme fino all'ultimo respiro. Se gii uomini non sperassero in nulla, le donne invecchierebbero sterili, se gli uomini non credessero in nulla, preferirebbero alla fecondazione i vizi, i vizi li renderebbero meno infelici del dovere, il dovere è molto peggiore dei vizi, il dovere è un radicamento nella calamità. Eccola messa a nudo, la verità, da sempre il metterla a nudo è un reato e si capisce
The Better Story
“So, the clergyman went back to Rome and reported to the Pope…”
It was Christmas Eve, 2013, and my grandpa had been regaling my family and I with the Knanaya legend for the past hour. The Knanaya legend is the story of how “my people” migrated from Israel and came to live in southern India, specifically the state of Kerala.
“Don’t roll your eyes,” my mother said, poking me in the side.
“Mom, I’ve heard this story so many times, I can recite it in my sleep. Why can’t Grandpa tell me the real history of the Knanayas?” I queried while yawning. My grandpa continued to talk over us, his movements and voice grand and exaggerated.
“The legend is the real story of the Knanayas,” my dad piped in from my left. “There are some embellishments, of course, but the basic outline is true.”
“So we did migrate from the Middle East to India for the spice trade?” I asked incredulously.
Arcane Treatise 157Oranjuzushi
4 round rice paper sheets
2 green onion leaves, cut in half lengthwise
2 cups short-grained, rinsed and drained four times
2 cups dashi
3/4 cup grated fresh pumpkin/kabochin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 medium carrot, cut into slices
1 pink shallot, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
1) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring dashi to a boil, then stir in rice and grated pumpkin. Let simmer, covered, at low until rice has absorbed all liquid (about 12 to 15 minutes). Remove from heat, and let cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
2) Soak each sheet of rice paper in a piepan of warm water for 10 seconds. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels. Divide the orange rice into four equal portions. Shape into flattened balls, an
Keep in Touch!
Lilyas has dedicated herself to making our community a brighter place with her vibrant artwork and infectious enthusiasm for interacting with others in our community. It has certainly paid off, as many deviants flock to her page on a daily basis to let her know how much of an inspiration she is. We absolutely agree, and couldn't let all that hard work go without recognition, so it's with great pride that we bestow the Deviousness Award for March 2014, to ... Read More