|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Arcane Treatise 270Chorogi and Cherry Tomato Salad
1 pound fresh chorogi, Stachys affinis
3 stalks green onions
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 head Romaine lettuce, rinsed
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons mirin
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra
1) Fit a colander into a large soup pot of boiling water. Rinse chorogi under cold water. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt, and rub thoroughly. Rinse again, then sprinkle again thoroughly with kosher salt again. Drop the chorogi into the pot, and let simmer for a minute. Then lift the colander out of the pot, and place under running cold water. Shake excess moisture from the chorogi, and then pat dry with a paper towel.
2) Cut apart the white section from the green section of the scallions. Mince t
Arcane Treatise 269Stanton's Eggnog
3 cups whipped cream
3 eggs, beaten
1 dash salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup rum
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 liter gingerale
French vanilla ice cream
1) In a soup pot over warm heat, heat whipped cream until it melts. Fold in salt, then gradually stir in eggs, and sugar. Stir until eggs combine with cream completely.
2)) Stir in milk and rum over low heat, stirring constantly while bringing it to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or a handmixer at medium speed until smooth. Remove from heat, and fold in vanilla extract. Chill in a refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour chilled eggnog base into a punchbowl. Fold in gingerale, and season to taste with spices. Add a scoop of ice cream to each cup before it is filled.
Arcane Treatise 268Summer Sleepy Time Soup
1 cup adzuki beans, rinsed
8 ounces dried longan (longyanrou), chopped
1 cup lotus seeds, rinsed
1 cup bai he (Chinese lily bulb)
12 large da zao, or Chinese dates
4 cups rice wine
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Soak adzuki beans and lotus seeds in wine overnight.
2) Place beans, lotus seeds and wine in a soup pot over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, and let soup cook, covered, until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
I'm AliveIn 2011 14,000 people had their names incorrectly entered into the government database as dead. This can cause many issues, like not receiving disability checks, having loan payments and rent check bounds bounce, and evening getting your accounts closed. There were obviously mistakes for these people.
The apostle Paul was not mistaken when he said that the Ephesian Believers were at one point dead-spiritually dead. They were dead in the sense that they were separated from God, enslaved to sin, and condemned under the wrath of God. What a state of hopelessness!
Yet God in His goodness took action to reverse this condition for them and for us. The living God “who gives life to the dead” (Romans 4:17) poured out his Rich mercy and great love by sending His Son Jesus to this earth. Through Christ’s death and resurrection, we are made alive.
When we believe in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, we go from death to life. Now we live to rejoice in His goodness
The Origins of Dragon MythologyThe Origins of Dragon Mythology
Dragons are fantastical beasts that appear in almost all cultures around the world. Dragons are symbols of man’s hatred and greed as we known as the dangerous reptiles that hoard gold. As for western dragons which I will be speaking of exclusively in this essay they are typically large, lizard-like in appearance, have leathery bat-like wings, and breathe fire. Since Dragon can literally apply to any mythological animal that is slightly reptilian, we will talk about your traditional western wyrm. But how did the dragon of western culture come to be this way, what were their origins and inspirations? In this essay I will discuss the evolution of Dragon mythology in western culture. I do not claim to have any credentials on this topic, I am not a historian or any type authority on this topic I’m just espousing what I believe to be a theory on what I believe to be how dragons arouse in European culture an
FREE requests *For DOW and ROC only* *Open again*These are only for Rise-Of-Clans and Dawn-Of-Warriors. I Will be doing 5 full body requests and 5 headshot requests. Remember only members from ROC and DOW can take requests
1. Hollypaw stormhollie.deviantart.com/art… Status- DONE
2. Echopaw-hornets-n-tribes.deviantart.co… Status- NOT DONE
3. Branchkit- www.deviantart.com/art/Branchk… Status- NOT DONE
1. Moondust Status DONE
2. Voltagespark -http://dynamicpanther.deviantart.com/art/DoW-Voltagespark-444099770?edit=1 Status- Not Done
Senior Research Paper: Violence in Video GamesMatt Hines
28 January 2014
Violence in Video Games
What comes to mind when you hear the phrase “video games”? A fat plumber? A blue hedgehog? What about violence? Back in the day, it was rare that you could play a game with any sort of blood, and the violence was cartoonish at best. Nowadays, you can’t even play Call of Duty without hearing someone bickering about the blood and gore. The media believes that video games are a bad influence on today’s society because of that violence, along with things like drugs. Many gamers believe otherwise.
Video games in general are relatively young. According to “First Video Game,” ignoring the related-but-unnecessary debate on what the first game really was, the first well-known computer game was 1961’s Spacewar!, with the first home console debuting only five years later. Fast-forward to 1976, and you have the (in)famous Death Race, a game based on the cult movie
Pink Floyd Analytical Essay“The Lunatic is in my Head”
Dark Side of the Moon is an album by British rock band, Pink Floyd. It was recorded in April 1973, and quickly climbed the top of the record charts. There it stayed for 741weeks and grossed near 45 million worldwide. The overall theme for the album reflects the inner struggle of the average youth of the time, which still holds true today. Roger Waters, the band’s bass player, based the album off the former guitar player, Syd Barrett. Syd Barrett had numerous mental instabilities, this inspired Waters to create an album that reflected that. Dark Side of the Moon is one of the most influential albums in history, but not many people understand what it is really about. The album’s concept is the issues of a mental patient, and what is going on in his head at the hospital where he is being withheld from society. The concept is strongly held in the lyrics, tempos, and the mood of each song.
The first song on the album is “Speak to me&
El comienzoNarradora: Tifanny Winter
Aclaraciones los personajes son totalmente míos y además la historia
Recuerdo el primer día en que te conocí, el primer instante en que nuestras miradas se cruzaron sin darle importancia, ya que aquel accidente, bueno aquel choque que sucedió en la mañana ninguno presto la atención suficiente para darnos cuenta de que la persona que estaba al frente tirada, era la persona que más querríamos y amaremos en un futuro, para que entiendan a cabalidad esta historia comenzare desde aquella preciosa mañana.
Me desperté tarde para mi buena suerte, claramente me levante de un salto de la cama para prepararme para la universidad, desayune lo más rápido casi atragantándome pero sin darle importancia, me cambie con lo primero que encontré en mis cajones del armario, m
YouTube ProposalGoogle is a phenomenal company. They have given people a fast, effective search engine, a multi-platform web browser with incredibly fast load times that will actively warn visitors of virulent sites, and an easy to use, professional email system that is easy to sign up for and handle, but they have done some rather distasteful things with their purchase of YouTube. YouTube used to be one of the most beloved locations on the internet, a social media website based entirely around videos. Google, of course, being the growing mass media corporation it is, decided to buy this and do some restructuring. To say “no one has welcomed it with open arms” is an understatement. The comment system was replaced by having one’s Google+ account tacked in instead. Gone are the days of sweet security and anonymity, a person can find out exactly who you are, which can become rather bothersome, but is understandable, as it makes trolling (to incessantly harass and mock someone for your o
Great Gatsby EssayA Rich Servant and a Poor Master: The Cost of Money in The Great Gatsby
Before I took this class, I had meant to read F. Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby for a good while, especially when I heard it is considered one of the best-written books in the world. As I plan to write and publish my own books, I always like to keep an eye out for examples of top-notch writing. The new movie featuring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire perked my interest even more. Prior to this semester, I had bought my own copy of the book for keeps, and one of my New Year’s resolutions for 2014 was to read it without skimming or peeking at the end, which I have a natural tendency to do. I even avoided Wikipedia. When I signed up for this class and found this book on the reading list, I was thrilled; I could complete my resolution and get credit at the same time—two birds with one stone. What I read surprised, stunned, and depressed me, but it was a sort of enlightening depre
Arcane Treatise 157Oranjuzushi
4 round rice paper sheets
2 green onion leaves, cut in half lengthwise
2 cups short-grained, rinsed and drained four times
2 cups dashi
3/4 cup grated fresh pumpkin/kabochin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 medium carrot, cut into slices
1 pink shallot, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
1) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring dashi to a boil, then stir in rice and grated pumpkin. Let simmer, covered, at low until rice has absorbed all liquid (about 12 to 15 minutes). Remove from heat, and let cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
2) Soak each sheet of rice paper in a piepan of warm water for 10 seconds. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels. Divide the orange rice into four equal portions. Shape into flattened balls, an
Keep in Touch!
Bluefley has a gallery filled with artwork that whisks you off in to a Sci-fi daydream, and keeps you captivated for hours. Marc has been a member of our community for over a decade and has achieved nothing but success with his astounding commitment to interacting with the community, sharing a prolific amount of video tutorials and generally being an all round rockstar deviant. It is no joke that we are absolutely delighted to award the Deviousness Award for April 2014 to ... Read More