|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Arcane Treatise 270Chorogi and Cherry Tomato Salad
1 pound fresh chorogi, Stachys affinis
3 stalks green onions
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1 head Romaine lettuce, rinsed
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh dill, minced
1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, minced
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons mirin
1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt plus extra
1) Fit a colander into a large soup pot of boiling water. Rinse chorogi under cold water. Sprinkle generously with kosher salt, and rub thoroughly. Rinse again, then sprinkle again thoroughly with kosher salt again. Drop the chorogi into the pot, and let simmer for a minute. Then lift the colander out of the pot, and place under running cold water. Shake excess moisture from the chorogi, and then pat dry with a paper towel.
2) Cut apart the white section from the green section of the scallions. Mince t
Arcane Treatise 269Stanton's Eggnog
3 cups whipped cream
3 eggs, beaten
1 dash salt
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup rum
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1 liter gingerale
French vanilla ice cream
1) In a soup pot over warm heat, heat whipped cream until it melts. Fold in salt, then gradually stir in eggs, and sugar. Stir until eggs combine with cream completely.
2)) Stir in milk and rum over low heat, stirring constantly while bringing it to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or a handmixer at medium speed until smooth. Remove from heat, and fold in vanilla extract. Chill in a refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour chilled eggnog base into a punchbowl. Fold in gingerale, and season to taste with spices. Add a scoop of ice cream to each cup before it is filled.
Arcane Treatise 268Summer Sleepy Time Soup
1 cup adzuki beans, rinsed
8 ounces dried longan (longyanrou), chopped
1 cup lotus seeds, rinsed
1 cup bai he (Chinese lily bulb)
12 large da zao, or Chinese dates
4 cups rice wine
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1) Soak adzuki beans and lotus seeds in wine overnight.
2) Place beans, lotus seeds and wine in a soup pot over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients, and let soup cook, covered, until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
Haunted Dreams Hauntshadow padded into the warriors den. He curled up in his new nest and lay his tail over his muzzle. It took him awhile to fall asleep due to his excitement from becoming a warrior, but eventually he did. When he opened his eyes again he was in the Dark Forest. A few heartbeats later, a cat came forward. It was his uncle, Jaywing.
The gray Dark Forest warrior smiled and said, "I saw your ceremony. Congratulations, Hauntshadow."
Hauntshadow dipped his head and stepped forward a bit, "Thank you. What are we doing tonight?"
Jaywing grinned, "I have an important task for you."
The black tom held his head high. Whatever this task was he would do it with pride to show his loyalty to the Dark Forest. His eyes glistening, Hauntshadow asked, "What do I have to do?"
Jaywing started circling around him, "First you must answer this question. What do you think the biggest problem is that the clans face?"
There were a lot of problems the clans had faced.
TV Reviews - Teen Titans GO!
Teen Titans Go
If there's one thing I learned is that the word “Spinoff” is a double edged sword. On one hand it can be a treat to the fans of original piggy backing off an already successful product. Or it can be a blatant cash in job for series that's been off the air for a while and is SO BAD that it has the fans clamoring for DVDs and digital re-releases of the original. Just guess what camp Teen Titans GO! Is in......?
Characters – Full stop I have to dwell on how much they fuck up Cyborg and Beast Boy. In the original Cyborg was the techie trying to keep the tower standing, fixing equipment, and overall just keeping everything in ship shape. He's also a personal favorite character because he's a half man half machine trying to sort out a world he feels he can't fit into. Beast Boy was a likable character who had his own episodes where he'd take responsibility. The comic relief that is actually more helpful than annoying. We get.....barely any of that in th
A very small dictionary of little to-no-maturityA
Agliockinsplarf: (noun, verb)
1. A bitter rounded gourd, with a rough texture and smells of coleslaw
2. The act of rubbing potato peels in someone's face
e.g: to agliockinsplarf.
1. To worry, to pity
1. A rare crocodile found in south east Asia
1. A comfortable toilet seat
1. To laugh like Mr. Krabs
1. An accordion that is sick with the flu
1. Releasing a smelly gaseous cloud of methane through a sphincter while also making a funny noise
Balls!: (noun, shout )
1. A bunch of sphere like things
2. The noise you yell when someone kills you online if your a scrub or get kicked in the scrotum
Bamboozled: (adjective, noun)
1. To be hurt, emotionally
2. A person who sucks at super smash bros because Yoshi's the best I don't care what you say!
1. A species of fan-boy, usually shipping there own characters with someone els
UntitledOkay, since people have wondered why I've not posted some of my writing here, the reason is, my work mostly involves arcane historical & philosophical subjects that I felt would not be of that much interest to most readers on this site. But, here's an example for you. The beginning of an essay I've been working on concerning the subject of "Atlantis". Hope you find it interesting...
Copyright © 2014
George T. Young
Simply, this little essay is some wonderings, if you will, resulting from an informal but earnest attempt to look at things re “Atlantis” that are– as they are.
Okay, and just what do I think these are? Well, as far as I can see, after discounting all the fiction and nonsense written about this subject, it boils down to three valid groups of factors:
1. The source material, of course, which is a mixed bag of still extant ancient writings by various (predominantly Classical era) chroniclers and scholars; most famously,
Human Studies HW #4The assignment was to go and blend in with the tourists. He knew that he had to start socializing eventually, and he would need to talk when he needed help. Besides, he would have to leave the Refuge eventually. So this assignment... was mostly to help him.
Benny watched some of the other people from the refuge begin to blend, looking more like they belonged with the tourists. He looked back at the camp before looking at the group, making his way over shyly. To others, this assignment was easy. Benny saw it as a test. He wanted to flee right now, but bounding away would turn a few heads and put the camp at risk.
The deer eventually made it into the group of unrecognizable faces, saying "sorry" when he bumped into someone or pushed them aside like his grandpa taught him to. He soon found his way through to a part that looked out to the national park, looking out at the beauty of the park. He wanted to live in some place like this, even if it wasn't possible to it. It was better than a c
Tricky TrickstersCrafty Creatures, Dangerous Deities, Legendary Liars:
The Trickster Archetype in Ancient Mythologies and Today
Loki, Coyote, Raven, Puck, Bugs Bunny. Names we know well and names that denote trickery and cunning. These ideas are all of the Trickster Archetype, beings who are the ultimate Slytherin idols. But how did they come about and why?
The first, and perhaps most important, thing to know is that every pantheon, from every civilization has at least one trickster deity. From the Inuit to the Japanese, they all have a Trickster or two in their myths and legends. But what is a trickster deity?
A trickster deity, as defined by mythologists and folklorists, is a deity who often breaks the laws of their universe, either maliciously or for simple amusement. They will work to subvert the wills of the gods or the Fates t
The Advanced Ancient Human TheoryThis is a combination of everything that was said in this forum post: forum.deviantart.com/devart/ge…
You see all these theories about how these gigantic monuments (pyramids, Moai statues, Stonehenge, etc.) were built by prehistoric humans, so what if ancient humans actually had very advanced technology (maybe from extraterrestrials, or by their own doing), but something happened that erased all of those advancements, knocking humans back technologically and scientifically? Cavemen may have had nuclear technology and had a war which explains the ice ages (nuclear winter), massive extinctions, and the huge crater in Yucatan. Also, it may be a process that repeats, society constantly destroying and rebuilding itself.
There is plenty of research that could support that in one way or another. When you think about it, humanity could've been around ages longer than any scientist thinks. We humans build up our society in the same general path, with advancements to science, medicine, tec
Wilderness Survival HW #1 Okay, so the Doc said we have to make a compass out of all of this... Leo thought to himself, looking at the materials he collected in class, trying to think of how to make it work. The question was WHY would he need this later in his life? Its not like he knows which way is North and all that.
He muttered to himself, stabbing the paper clip into the top of the cork and looking the needle to where it was in a loose yet mobile position. He put the magnet in the water and then dropped the cork into the water, only to watch it sink and the "compass" to not work. "What the... This is supposed to work. Let's try that again..."
Trying again, he rearranged the set up: paperclip stabbed through the middle of the cork and the top of the cup, placing the needle on it and hold the magnet under the cup. Again, the needle only moved when the magnet was turned, which ended up in annoying the dog-bird-human recombinant, causing him to try again. It was the same set up, but put the magnet in
MOVED!!Moved account! Eeyup! :Iconeeyupplz: It's official! I changed my account! It's called, MintyLeaves, so go check that out and watch! :Iconmintyleaves:
I will move some art over there too, so be prepared for that! ^^
Well, i guess this is a goodbye on this account, :Iconcryforeverplz:
But hopefully you will like my new art @ :Iconmintyleaves:
Farewell! And see you at MintyLeaves! ~~
Arcane Treatise 157Oranjuzushi
4 round rice paper sheets
2 green onion leaves, cut in half lengthwise
2 cups short-grained, rinsed and drained four times
2 cups dashi
3/4 cup grated fresh pumpkin/kabochin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 medium carrot, cut into slices
1 pink shallot, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
1) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring dashi to a boil, then stir in rice and grated pumpkin. Let simmer, covered, at low until rice has absorbed all liquid (about 12 to 15 minutes). Remove from heat, and let cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
2) Soak each sheet of rice paper in a piepan of warm water for 10 seconds. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels. Divide the orange rice into four equal portions. Shape into flattened balls, an
Keep in Touch!