|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 277Malachite Custard with Bronze Mirepoix
3 cups fresh or defrosted frozen peas
1 large potato, peeled
12 large leaves perilla
2 cups sherry
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon miso paste
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3/4 sour cream
1/2 teaspoon fresh chopped garlic
1 cup freshly squeezed carrot juice
2/3 cup diced carrots
2/3 cup diced celery
2/3 cup diced onion
1 tablespoon black vinegar
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1) Grease 6 ramekins, then press one perilla leaf into the bottom of each. Reserve. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine one cup water with sherry and miso in a large saucepan over high heat. Place peas into a colander or wire strainer. Once saucepot is boiling, blanche peas for one minute, remove, and drain well before rinsing under a stream of cold water. Reduce heat under saucepan to low, then cook potato, covered, until fork tender. R
Arcane Treatise 276Zuccotto
1/2 cup passionfruit juice
1 tablespoon almond extract
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
2 pounds pound cake, sliced
1 cup powdered sugar
2 cups heavy cream, whipped
1/2 pound dark or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup crushed nuts
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk chocolate morsels
1) Line a 2.5 pint bundt cake mold with plastic wrap. Mix the juices, and extract together in a small mixing bowl. Dip the cake slices into the bowl, then line the bundt mold with the moistened slices, using about a total of 3/4ths of the slices to cover the entire inside. Place the mold in the freezer for fifteen minutes.
2) Place nuts in a skillet warmed over high heat. Toss the nuts with brown sugar and cinnamon until the nuts become fragrant. Turn off the heat, then reserve the nuts.
3) Fold the powdered sugar and the nuts into the heavy cream in a large mixing bowl. Take the
Arcane Treatise 275Cheeseless Cheesecake
1/3 cup coconut cream
8 to 10 ounces crushed gingersnap cookies
12 ounces soft or silken tofu
1.5 cups canned, unsweetened coconut milk
1.5 tablespoons agar-agar or unflavored gelatin powder
3 ripe bananas, peeled and chopped
1 ripe peach, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
Juice of 1 lime or small lemon
1 cup fresh coconut meat, coarsely chopped
strained pulp of 3 passionfruits
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8 inch springform cake pan with one to two tablespoons of coconut cream. In a small saucepan over warm, heat remaining cream until liquid, then stir in cookie crumbs, stirring until crumbs absorb all cream. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pan, then set aside.
2) Combine filling ingredients in a blender or food processor, blending until completely smooth. P
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Unova Explains: Pokemon World Facts 1In the Pokémon world there are a total of 21 main regions: The "leagued" regions, or ones with a Pokémon League, are KoTo (Kanto-Johto), Hoenn, Sinnoh, Arkia, Unova, Kalos, Aeroic, Strikua, Exxox, Bellu-Tarin, and Werik. The "resort" regions are not full continents. Some have leagues of their own, but are not vast enough to be considered in Conferences and other tourneys. These are Holon, the Orange archipelago, and the Sevii Islands. These are often treated as training resorts for big-name trainers. The others of this group are simply without a league for various reasons. These are Almia, Orre, Fiore, and Oblivia. Lastly, the "uncharted" regions are continents that have been only slightly explored by the modern world. Ones like Torneir and Terrevene just simply decided to remain independent long ago, and thus are still out there across rough waters, still ruled by a king and queen and still living in what we would call medieval ways. Flaske and the Outer Boundaries are
Life and ArtRespected teachers, and my dear friends. The topic of my short speech is "Life and Art".
The word life refers to one's time of existence.
It is truly magical in itself as One starts off from birth and moves onto the journey of countless emotions, beauties, taste, sorrow and regret until the time of death. A person, as an individual, can live as per his desire, and choice of life.
One is not bound by any external agent except the invisible boundaries of relations.
A person can choose his career and way of life and can develop a unique personality.
He can do anything in his lifetime but all this, lasts just till his death as life is transitory, like a flicker of fire which comes and goes like an accident.
Whereas, Art is the expression of ones true emotions and feelings through action.
It is a way of doing anything in a better way.
Art can expressed in any form either dance, color, music, poetry, sports,etc with true passion.
And it is art that brings out the true meaning in life, and ma
Warcraft and Halo and Farmville oh myComp 1 1:15
26 July 2013
Warcraft and Halo and Farmville oh my
For many people around the world gaming is an indulging hobby, and they all have
their reasons for playing. Some enjoy it for fun, others use it for an escape, and very
rarely a few use gaming as a source of income. Just as there are many ways to use games –
for educational or recreational purposes – there are equally as many types of gamers who
play them. These types range from the subcategories based on genre to the three main known
as; compulsive, avid, and casual. Each of these players game for a different duration of
hours, on different consoles, and especially genres.
For compulsive gamers, video gaming has developed into a way of life. Compulsive
gamers tend to have been playing since their ear
Hybrid Assignment For Western CivilizationWhat?
I choose to review the creation myths of the ancient city of Mesopotamia. I analyzed The Epic of Gilgamesh and Mesopotamia Creation Myths; Earth, Gods and Humans provided through the Western Civilization with Coursemate e-text. The way that the myths worked in ancient Mesopotamia were a way of recording the fleeting wills of gods and those who worshiped them in temples within large cities. Each temple was manned by priests and priestesses who were charged with the main care of the God who was thought to reside in this temple. The gods of Mesopotamia were many, consisting of many lesser deities with a main core of god and goddesses who were part of a pantheon or a family of close knit group who would lead and rule over the entirety of the land. The pantheon consisted of Enki god of the life-giving water worshipped in the town of Eridu at the mouth of the Euphrates. Nanna the moon god was worshiped in a temple at the Ur river where as in Urk a nearby town they wor
Childhood Experience We were standing on the front porch, screaming. We were so panicked. It all started out as a game, but now we were staring at the fire as my father tried to put it out.
One summer day, when I was five, I was at my father's house. My blonde best friend, Autum, was there with me for a sleep over. We played tag, with our dolls, and other games we had made up. We were just having so much fun together on this warm summer day.
Once night rolled in, among other things, we went outside to try to catch the bright fireflies as they danced by. They amazed our young little minds. However, we soon grew bored of them and tried to think of something else to do. That's when my four year old friend had a great idea.
"Why don't we go inside and tell ghost stories?" she asked.
I thought this was a great idea, so I agreed. W
Arcane Treatise 157Oranjuzushi
4 round rice paper sheets
2 green onion leaves, cut in half lengthwise
2 cups short-grained rice, rinsed and drained four times
2 cups dashi
3/4 cup grated fresh pumpkin/kabochin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
1 medium carrot, cut into slices
1 pink shallot, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon miso paste
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon 5-Spice
1) In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring dashi to a boil, then stir in rice and grated pumpkin. Let simmer, covered, at low until rice has absorbed all liquid (about 12 to 15 minutes). Remove from heat, and let cool, covered, for 10 minutes.
2) Soak each sheet of rice paper in a piepan of warm water for 10 seconds. Drain, then pat dry with paper towels. Divide the orange rice into four equal portions. Shape into flattened ball
Keep in Touch!
scheinbar is a much-loved and well-known deviant. Just one look at her gallery, filled with enchanting photography, will have you mesmerized. A deviant for over 7 years, Christiane can always be found posting inspirational features as well as regularly commenting on other deviations and encouraging and empowering her fellow deviants. We are inspired and insist that you too stop by and congratulate ... Read More