|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Arcane Treatise 274Vegetarian Haggis
24 dried morels
12 small button mushrooms, minced
12 chanterelles, minced
2 ounces dried woodears
2 ounces dried porcini
3 caps dried shiitake
1.5 cups dried millet
1 medium white onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon sesame oil
5 cups canned or unsweetened coconut milk
1 large Spanish onion, minced
1 large turnip, peeled
1 large apricot, halved and pitted
3 large Russet potatoes, peeled and diced
3 tablespoons crushed nori
1 dash black pepper
1) In a large bowl, soak dried mushrooms in warmed coconut milk for one hour, or until soft and pliable.
2) Place a saucepan over medium heat. Once warm, add millet, black pepper, and sesame seed, and dryfry until fragrant. Add in white onion and sesame oil, and saute until onion releases juices. Fold in two cups coconut milk, bring to a rolling boil and let simmer at low for 20 minutes.
3) Remove morels from milk and reserve.
Arcane Treatise 273Passion Melon Pie
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1.25 cups + extra all purpose flour
3 cups diced muskmelon
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup water
3 tablespoon unsalted butter
3/4 cup passionfruit pulp, strained
2 tablespoon sugar
10 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 teaspoon cream of tartar
1) Combine one-half cup butter with brown sugar and spices in a bowl. Beat with a handmixer until fluffy. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Add floor to the bowl, and continue mixing. Turn dough onto a floured surface, and roll or press flat. Place crust in a 9 inch pie pan and press into bottom and sides. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Once baked, remove from oven and let cool. Wash and clean the handmixer thoroughly, then dry.
Arcane Treatise 272Evil Eggnog
3 eggs, beaten
6 cups chocolate ice cream, softened
1/3 cup baker's chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut milk
1 dash of salt
3 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 cups spiced dark rum
2 tablespoons + extra freshly grated ginger
1 liter ginger ale
1) In a large saucepan over warm heat, stir together baker's chocolate, ginger, and one cup each chocolate ice cream, rum and coconut milk, stirring until baker's chocolate melts and blends with ice cream and milk. Once blended, add remaining ice cream and salt, stirring until ice cream melts completely.
2) While stirring constantly, gradually fold in eggs. Raise heat to low, then stir in remaining milk and rum and bring to a boil. Now stir with an eggbeater or handmixer, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from heat, then fold in vanilla. Chill in refrigerator for 4 hours.
3) Pour eggnog base into a punchbowl, then fold in ginger ale. Season with c
Keep in Touch!
A two-time Community Volunteer for the deviantART Related category, Anne is well-known as a positive, helpful force. She is the community's resident expert when it comes to CSS (Cascading Style Sheets), and her personal gallery offers a wide variety of tutorials for new and experienced coders alike. In addition, each winter she hosts a calendar project encouraging members to create Journal designs for all to use, bringing more creativity to the community.
It is with immense gratitude that we acknowledge Anne as the recipient of the Deviousness Award for October 2014. Read More